ARWEN® - Armourer & Instructor Course
This course is designed for the law enforcement officer who is required to instruct others on the use of the ARWEN weapon systems. The candidate will also learn how to maintain the system and will be qualified as an ARWEN Armourer. Through a combination of lectures, classroom demonstrations, practical exercises, and live fire range exercises, the student will gain valuable knowledge and experience on the ARWEN Less Lethal Weapon System.
- Introduction into Operational Requirements
- System Performance
- ARWEN variants: ARWEN 37, ARWEN 37T, ARWEN 37S, ARWEN ACE
- Technical Aspects of Weapon
- Detailed Service and Maintenance Procedure
- Sighting Systems and Adjustments
- Ammunition Types and Selection / Ballistics
- Ammunition Inspection
- Ammunition Reloading
- Tactical Sling Systems
- Less Lethal Philosophy
- Less Lethal Weapon Use
- Operational Proficiency/Operator Training
The course instructor has been a full time tactical officer with a major Ontario police department for over 15 years. He is a certified police Firearms Instructor, Armourer and Use of Force Instructor. He also is certified by Royal Ordnance to instruct on the ARWEN 37 Weapon System.
- ARWEN - We suggest bringing one of your Agency ARWEN's to the Course. For Candidates who are traveling from outside Canada and Candidates who are unable to bring their ARWEN to the Course, ARWEN 37's and ARWEN ACE's will be provided by Police Ordnance during the Course.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Casual dress for classroom. Suitable range clothing for live fire exercises.
- Note taking equipment.
- Note: An ARWEN 37 and ARWEN ACE will be provided to those students who are unable to bring their agency ARWEN .
4 Days - 8:00am to 4:00pm
$895.00 per student plus applicable taxes
Payment must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of the course.
Class size is limited to 10 students, so please register as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will receive a certificate from Police Ordnance Company Inc. and an ARWEN maintenance manual. ARWEN Armourers will also be authorized to obtain spare and replacement maintenance parts.
Agencies Hosting Courses
If you are interested in hosting a course at your Agency, please contact us for further information
Top of Page
ARWEN® is a Registered Trademark of Police Ordnance Company Inc.