ARWEN 37 Introduction
ARWEN 37 Mark III
ARWEN 37 Mark III pictured with optional A37AM4-R Reflex mount and Trijicon Reflex RX01 sight.
The ARWEN 37 and its siblings are the first multi-purpose, multi-shot weapon system to combine light weight, high accuracy and the ability to fire up to 5 shots before reloading.
- - Rifled barrel ensures accurate flight of projectiles
- - Double action trigger plus fully ambidextrous manual safety
- - The ARWEN 37 is made from light weight aluminum and polymer materials
- - with minimal rotational torque
- - Each round is automatically indexed at top dead center
- - The ARWEN 37 has a rotary magazine with a 5 shot capacity. The ARWEN 37 can be instantly topped up or exchanged with different ammunition types while being held in the firing position
- - The ammunition in the ARWEN 37 is visible from the outside of the weapon and the number and type of ammunition can easily be seen
- - The ARWEN 37 can be field stripped in seconds for thorough cleaning and inspection
- - Can be fired from right or left shoulder without modification
- - Suited for any build or height operator
- - Certified Armourer courses available
- Made in Canada
The ARWEN 37 weapon is light: 3.11kg (6lb, 14oz) unloaded or 3.83kg (8lb, 4oz) loaded with 5 AR-1 baton rounds; finished in matt black and, because of its design, is very safe. It is very easy to use, being suitable for right or left-handed operators of any height or build. Exposed parts are made of anodized aluminum alloy and plastics, which are unaffected by damp environments; where steel parts are necessary, they are in shielded positions where they can be kept lubricated and protected from rust. Routine stripping, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly are easily done with the simple tools, brushes and cloths; cleaning brushes and lubricants can be provided.
A carrying sling is provided as standard and an optional carrying case can be supplied with each weapon. ARWEN 37 is easily loaded from a cartridge belt carrying two detachable fasteners which are compatible with most military style webbing. The special style of ARWEN 37 ammunition makes an important contribution to its weight and space-saving design. The cartridge case safely contains the propellant gases without the support of a chamber: This feature contributes greatly to the simplicity of the system. When a round has been fired, the spent case is ejected to the right. Cartridge cases and batons used for training can be recovered and refurbished for re-use, keeping down training costs. 37mm ARWEN projectiles are spun by the rifled barrel, so that they are extremely accurate.
How ARWEN 37 Offers Security in the Less Lethal Role
ARWEN 37 is the first less lethal weapon to combine lightness, high accuracy and the ability to fire up to 5 shots without reloading. The ARWEN 37 has the option to quickly change the ammunition type of the first round to be fired. This offers the operator a choice of tactics and a level of response unmatched by any other system. The ARWEN 37 provides you with the most effective means of less lethal projectile deployment.
ARWEN 37 Mark III Technical Details
||ARWEN 37 Mark III|
||Proprietary 37mm ARWEN Rebated Cartridge|
||5 Rounds - Rapidly Reloadable|
|Type of Action
||285mm (11.25 inch)|
||5 Lands / 5 Grooves|
|Rate of Twist
||1 in 540mm (1 in 21.3 inch) Right Hand Twist |
||710-795mm (28-31.25 inch)|
with 5 AR-1 rounds
|3.83kg (8lb, 4oz)|
with A37AM4 & Trijicon RX01
|3.46kg (7lb, 4oz)|